Monday, October 8, 2012

The Apple Ride 2012

Since before I can even remember, my family has a Fall tradition of gathering whomever is around--sometimes this has included friends, exchange students, grandparents, etc.--and taking a drive devoted to all things autumn that my parents titled, The Apple Ride.  Here are some pictures of previous years...

1980--
Our neighbor, Sarah (holding Nathan), went with us in 1980, and we worked all day on making a gigantic sign.
My Mom showing off an apple.
 1991--
The Martin kids.
 2006--
Jon and my brothers enjoying caramel apples.
 2008--

Liam's first Apple Ride.

2012--This year, Liam and I were able to join in the fun again.  Hopefully, next year, Jon and the girls can come, too.  We stopped at all our usual spots--Twiehoff's for pumpkins, squash, etc., Trumps Orchard for apples, Nerstrand Woods for hiking in the spendid Fall colors, and Northfield for dinner.  It was another fun year of Apple Riding!










No comments:

Post a Comment