Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Liam Chats

I love the stuff that makes up 4-year-old conversations with adults.  Here's what has been on Liam's mind lately--

"I have six hearts bouncing around in my body--mine, Daddy's, Mama's, Ellery's, Marin's, and Jesus'."

"I think the clouds are made made out of mashed potatoes."

And another cloud reference--
"The clouds are the sun's mama.  Every night she tucks it in, then it gets dark, and the sun goes to sleep."

"I wish the week went Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday..."

While "reading" a book, "I can read.  I'm a great reader.  I am a scientist."

"That's dadusking."  (Translation:  That's disgusting.  Not, that's the dust king)

"Did Goliath live up in the clouds with the other giant before David killed him?"  (It's easy to mix up David and Goliath and Jack and the Beanstalk, right?)

"I wish the rain was made of milk drops instead of water drops."

"Let's eat at Taco Cabueno today."  (For the record, we do eat at Taco Cabana and Taco Bueno, but I don't know where I would find a Taco Cabueno.)

And on the airplane to Minnesota, he had this to say:  "Which way is Heaven?  Over there?"

And every once in a while on the plane, he would just chant, "Fe Fi Fo Fum...I smell the blood of an Englishman."  Who knows, maybe we had some Brits on the plane, but I think the better theory is that Liam was hoping to run across Jack and the giant beanstalk as we flew through the clouds.

2 comments:

  1. The first quote is my favorite. Bless Liam!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too. He said that on the way to school one day. Made my day!

      Delete