Wednesday, April 25, 2012

An Afternoon Under the Big Top



When I was a kid, I remember going to the Shrine Circus in Minneapolis every year.  I always loved it, so when I heard that a smaller version was performing this weekend in the DFW area, I decided to get tickets.  Liam brought his friend, Owen, and off we went on Saturday afternoon.

Ellery loved the animals, Marin was not feeling the big creature love.  This picture kind of sums up where both girls were emotionally when the elephants came around.


Here are lots of pictures of the boys riding the elephant.  I'm not sure if I'll ever get Jon on the back of one of these again, so I had to capture the moment...





Watching all the fun circus performances!




A circus isn't a circus with out snow cones and peanuts.


One thing I always loved about the circus was getting the clowns to autograph the coloring book my Dad would buy me.  So, at the end of the show, we bought the boys coloring books for the clowns to sign.  There was really only one clown that we could find, but the boys didn't seem to mind.


It's so wonderful (and a little surreal, too) for me to see my kids enjoying some of the same things I loved when I was there age!

No comments:

Post a Comment