Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh My....


My Dad and brother, Patrick, are here for a visit this weekend, and they wanted to spend the day today with Liam. So we gladly let them. And Liam may never be the same again. Meaning, he may see Jon and me as the biggest killjoys on the planet from here on out. Here’s why…Check Spelling
I had an early morning meeting, so I decided to run home to switch cars before heading off to my other school today. When I entered the house, I knew something was up. The three boys were nowhere to be seen. I quickly realized they were all in the bathroom, of all places. My Dad was maybe shaving or putting on aftershave or whatever guys do for facial grooming. Liam had his head under the sink, hair dripping wet, with foam soap all over the place. Patrick was kind of just standing there with a puzzled look, as if not sure when or how he should intervene in the situation. When Liam saw me, he proclaimed, “Mama, I washin’ hair!” Oh my.
And then there was the diaper debacle. Within an hour of me leaving, he apparently had been changed twice—once by Grandpa, which unfortunately fell off, and once by Uncle Patrick, which was on securely, just completely backwards. Oh my.
Oh, and I’m pretty sure I saw Grandpa give Liam a swig of Diet Coke as I was driving off. Oh MY.
All in all, I think Liam had the best day of his entire life today.


3 comments:

  1. I must admit that I heard part of this story from Mom last night & absolutely DIED LAUGHING!! After reading your confirmation, I am laughing even harder! "OH MY" is right. It looks like a great time was had & I believe that was Patrick's first diaper change EVER! Wish I could have been a fly-on-the-wall, ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete