Friday, May 13, 2011

Not-So-Easy Mac 'N Cheese

Last Saturday, I was headed out to pull a million weeds from the flowerbed.
The girls were asleep upstairs.
Jon was about to make lunch for Liam and put him down for a nap afterwards.
All of a sudden...
Memaw and Poppie pull up in the driveway.
"We're taking Liam to lunch and to run errands afterwards."
Jon opens the front door.
Smoke and the distinct scent of charred food billow out of the house.
"The kitchen's on fire!"
Liam runs out the front door.
"Memaw!  Poppie!  Look at the fire!!!"
Liam hops in their car, and away they go.
Jon and I go investigate the situation.
The culprit:  Easy Mac n' Cheese.
The lesson:  Add water before microwaving.


1 comment:

  1. Hahhahaaa..... I love this whole story. The way you wrote it is perfect. I am glad your kitchen and family didn't suffer extreme damages from this. ha. Well, the loss of the easy mac is pretty extreme to me! :)

    ReplyDelete