Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Good Vegetable Bean Dip...Really!

I'm not a lover of anything in this recipe, but somehow all the ingredients work together, and I love this recipe.  My sister, Debby, made me try it, and it was love at first bite, so she gladly shared the recipe.  I made it for a little baby shower our ABF class hosted on Sunday.  It makes a lot, so have a couple bags of tortilla chips ready before assembling.



1 can black eye peas
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can shoepec corn
1 small jar chopped pimento

Drain all these ingredients and blend together.
Now chop (I use food processor) and add the following...

1 medium onion
1 cup green pepper
1 cup celery

Then boil together...

1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. water
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil

Refrigerate (overnight, if possible) and drain before serving with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment