Thursday, May 27, 2010

35 Weeks and Counting

Today I'm officially 35 weeks pregnant, and that means it's getting close to the end. AND I'M READY TO BE DONE! I think. It really seems like I've been pregnant much longer than 8 months. The heartburn, lack of quality sleep, and overall discomfort from being pretty huge has been much more magnified with this pregnancy, but I've just been trying to focus on the goal--two baby girls to complete our family. We're so excited to meet our little ladies. The doctor said if I can make it until the beginning of June, we'd be "walking in high cotton." I think that's Southern for, "Make sure these babies to stay put for the next week, and then they can come anytime after that." My goal is to make it at least two or three more weeks. The longer the better to make sure these girls are fully developed and ready to meet the world!

This past weekend our sweet Sunday school class threw us a baby shower. The food was fabulous--quiche, turkey salad, fresh fruit, cranberry walnut lettuce salad, pumpkin muffins, crab puffs, and a beautiful cake. It was so much fun to open gifts of pretty little girly things. We truly love our class and are so thankful for each and every one. This was actually our second shower for the girls. The teachers at one of my schools threw me a surprise shower before my bed rest started, and that was pretty special, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment