Thursday, July 2, 2009

Playing (With My New Camera) at the Park

As mentioned before, this time of the year in Dallas is beyond warm, beyond hot, beyond sweltering. My guess is that the temperature is somewhere between scorching and death. Anyway, what better week than this to take our 14-month-old baby boy outside to the park? Twice. Liam actually didn't seem to mind, though. We went to a local park on Tuesday morning. He loves swings, which he calls "weeeees." Here are some pictures I took with my new, awesome, cool, and totally-worth-every-penny-I've-saved-over-the-past-year-to-get-it camera:
Also, since it is so hot, what better place to cool-off than a splash park? So off we went with Liam's buddy, Owen, to the Lake Highlands Splash Park. The boys had so much fun just splish-splashing away, and I had fun just click-clacking (?) away. Hmmmmm. Okay, whatever. Anyway, why didn't they have parks like this when we were kids? I probably would have spent all of July and August at a place like this. We'll definitely go back before summer comes to an end.
We also made a visit to Jon's sister and her family to see the newest additon to the family, little Rylann Claire. Isn't she just precious? She is much loved by her brothers, sister, and entire family. I just love those little fingers, toes, and baby stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment