Monday, June 29, 2009

Spilled Milk


We had quite and interesting start to our Monday, Liam and I. Anyone who lives in Texas knows that a semi-cool morning in the summer is a rarity, so we decided to take advantage of today's bearable morning temperatures and go for a walk. I loaded Liam into his jogging stroller and off we went. We walked about 1/4 mile when suddenly the front of the stroller dropped, I felt and heard metal hit pavement. Somehow the front tire just popped off. Great. Unable to get it back on, I started off with Liam in one arm and dragging the jogger with the other. It was the longest 1/4 mile in my life. When I finally reached the front door, I could only muster up enough energy to ring the doorbell once. I just wanted to sit on the front step and cry. After a few minutes, Jon came to my rescue, fixed the tire, and off we went for round two of our walk. Round two went without a hitch, literally.
As for the rest of the day, the three of us went to La Madeline's for lunch, pre-back-to-school shopping at Grapevine Mills Mall, and our weekly trip to Lowes. Here's a picture of Liam playing this evening with his favorite toy-of-the-day, a box. Why do we buy him toys, again?

No comments:

Post a Comment