Friday, November 6, 2015

Little Daisy Girls

The girls joined Girl Scouts this year, starting as Daisies, and they love it.  Their scout leaders, Ms. Andrea and Ms. Susan are the very best, and we sure do appreciate all that they do for the girls.
We had our first outing at Build-A-Bear, and the girls made these adorable little cookie-inspired creatures:
Remember that time in June when the girls had their crazy chaotic fantastic birthday party at Build-A-Bear with 25 of their closest friends?  And if you were there, you would also remember that every possible step that goes into the building of a bear (just short of having the bear apply for college) was completed by the 25 children...Well, it's taken me a little while to recover, but I'm happy to say that this Daisy party was much calmer, and my previous Build-A-Bear party trauma has subsided.
Two absolutely hilarious things happened that night...First, on the way to the mall, the new Adele song came on the radio, and I started singing along.  Pretty soon the girls chimed in, and when the song came to an end, Ellery asked, "Who sings that song?"  I told her it was a lady named Adele. Well, fast forward to the naming of her bear, and guess what she named her new furry friend?  Adele, maybe? Nope.  Add an R to the front, and that would be correct.   Redal, pronounced Radele, by Ellery.
Another funny was when we were walking out of the mall.  Marin wanted a corn dog, so we stopped at Sonic in the food court to fetch her one.  I had my hands full with a Route 44 Diet Coke, paperwork, and Panda Express that I was bringing home for Jon.  Therefore, Marin was left to carry her bag with the corn dog and the large box containing her bear.  My sweet little thing alternatively dropped the fast food bag and the box through the parking lot.  At last we reached the car, and Marin turned to me with a grin, "I'm so glad we made it, Mama...I'm a handful!"  Well, I knew that she actually meant that she had her hands full, but I wholeheartedly agree with both statements.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment