Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent


This is the first year that we've done an advent calendar at our house.  In fact, we actually are doing two different types of advent calendars.  Jon and Liam are working on a Lego one, and it's been a hit!  Liam (and his Daddy) can't wait to build the next part of the puzzle.  Did I mention it's a Star Wars Lego Advent?  I need not say more.



We're also doing a family one each night.  I wrapped 24 books (ones that the kids already have but aren't on the hit lineup, so they are kind of overlooked, but great).  Each night before bed, the kids unwrap one, and we read it to them.  We're saving the most Christmasy and special ones for last.  I got this idea from my latest obsession, Pinterest, and it's been a great, free way to count down the days to Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment