Friday, August 14, 2009

Switchin' Teams

I'll pause for a moment of silence as I acknowledge that Monday is my last official day of the summer. Every year I say the same thing, "It's just been way too short." Jon and I have really enjoyed just being Daddy and Mama this summer instead of Mr. Bushwar and Mrs. Bushwar. With that being said, we are also so grateful that we have jobs that allow us summers off and decent hours and nice breaks during the school year. We are also blessed with peace-of-mind that Liam is in great hands with Ms. Brenda and all of his daycare pals while we are working.

Now, for some big news...that everyone seems to already know about. When all teachers head back to school for campus in services and training next week, Jon and I won't be riding in the same car. That's right, folks. Crockett Middle School will be one Bushwar short this year. This is actually the sad part of my story because I will miss working at the same school with Jon. We've had lunch together almost every day for the past six years. We met and became friends at Crockett. Then we started dating, fell in love, got engaged, got married, got pregnant, and had a baby while we were both teaching at Crockett...I mean, we weren't literally in the building for any of this milestones, but you know what I mean. Actually, I was in labor for seven hours at Crockett, so I guess that counts for something. Anyway, there's a big part of me that is so sad that I won't be able to pop around the corner and see him at any given time during the day, and I'm also going to miss a lot of my Crockett friends. The good news is that I'm really excited about my new job. I'm going to be an instructional coach for resource math in the district. My home campus is Houston Middle School, but I'll be traveling to different campuses in Irving. I've spent the past two days in training for this new position, and I think it's really going to be a great fit for me. I so thankful that God provided me with this new opportunity, and I'm excited to start this new school year at my new home campus, with my new sweatshirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment