Monday, August 24, 2009

Back in the Saddle

We survived the first day back at school with kids. And it was a good day. Liam had a good day with Ms. Brenda, too. Apparently he likes to eat salmon patties and spinach for her. For us, mac n' cheese is the only sure thing. She only has five kids this year, and they're all around Liam's age, so they're all best buddies. It was actually easier taking him to daycare last year because he didn't cry, cling, and beg for Mommy or Daddy when we dropped him off. This year, though, he's really going through separation anxiety. It only lasts for a minute or two, but I feel absolutely horrible when I have to leave him like that. I know that it's a completely normal stage, and by next week he'll be running to get to the door to play with all his friends, so I just need to keep that in mind...and say lots of prayers. Here he is simulating his morning don't-leave-me reach, minus the tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment