Friday, April 8, 2016

He Wants a Minecraft Party?!?

As Liam's birthday approached, he told me that he wanted a party at an arcade.  Okay, that's easy enough.  Then I suggested a theme--maybe PacMan, Donkey Kong, or Super Mario Bros.  Although he likes all those games, he had his heart set on a Minecraft theme.  Knowing very little about the Minecraft word, I had a little research to do for the planning of this party.
The Place--Nickel Mania
This was an awesome place for a birthday party.  The owners were super friendly and so accommodating.
Since it's a nickel arcade, we had to be sure to get plenty of nickels.  Jon's job for the party was to be the nickel guy.  He came home one day with two boxes containing 100 $2-rolls of nickels.  If you follow the math, that's 4000 nickels!!!  I made these "Playing Power Potion" to put on cups to hold the nickels.  

All party food can be brought in to Nickel Mania.  We had fruit cups, potato chips,Chic-fil-a nuggets. and cupcakes.
The set-up.  The only thing that I would change is that wish I would have reserved two tables instead of one.  That's the thing about birthday parties, though--You never know how many kids you're going to end up with.  Liam had around 25 kids at the party, so they we're pretty squished at the table.
The giveaway--Minecraft sunglasses.  These I had to order online from some company in China.  They were a hit!
Found these cute Minecraft t-shirts at Target (Liam's) and Walmart (girls').
Liam said on a fun scale of 1-10, he had an 11, so I'll chalk this party up as a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment