Friday, March 22, 2013

Acting Debut

I've been excited all week to see Liam's first ever class play; Jon and I actually took the day off of work to make sure that we wouldn't miss it.  Our aisle was full of Bushwars--Memaw, Poppie, and Nana, and this is what happened as soon as the first song was over.
A river of tears.  Gut-wrenching sobs.  And they didn't stop until he was off the stage, outside with me trying to calm him down.  I told Jon that those three or four minutes when Liam was on-stage balling his eyes out was the worst moment so far of 2013 for me.  Totally heartbreaking for a mama.
Things seemed okay at first, but after the pledge and first song, Liam was fighting tears and was trying his best to focus on Ms. Katie.  As parents, it was pretty brutal to watch the whole thing unfold.  I had to hold myself back from jumping on that platform, re-positioning the mic, and reciting his line for him.  "The largest city in Texas is Houston."  But I opted to take my tearful little buckaroo outside to calm down.  Life lessons.  For me and him.
But, the good news is that he did recover, was able to come in and rejoin his class, and had fun at the class pizza party after the play.  And more great news, we have pictures of yesterday's performance when our little cowboy beautifully channeled his inner-thespian in a rock-star acting debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment