Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Meaningful Christmas

This year we're doing a new and special countdown to Christmas at our house.  It's one that also includes sweet friends and ladies from my church.  Twenty-four First Baptist Irving ladies got together on Monday night to kick off the Christmas season, eat yummy treats, and share ornaments that each of us made that was inspired by an assigned advent topic.  The idea was that each of us would create a unique ornament, reproduce it twenty-three times, and then give each friend one of our ornaments.
My theme was Mary's pregnancy and the trust she placed in God's plan for her life.  I really struggled with creativity with this topic, and this is what I eventually came up with:
It's a simple design, but my Mod Podge and glue gun were going with the less is more philosophy in this project. :)
And then I reproduced it twenty-three times.
There were so many, creative, artistic, and amazing ornaments.  These women are amazing!
I can't wait to start our Meaningful Christmas Devotional tonight as a family and help prepare our five hearts for the Yuletide season.

No comments:

Post a Comment