Friday, September 9, 2011

Patriotic Friends

It was Patriotic Day today at Sloan School.  Red, white, and blue flooded the hallways, the kids ate iced sugar cookies shaped like American flags, the school marched in a little parade, and had a ceremony out by the flag pole.  I was flipping through the pictures on Facebook tonight, and it looked like so much fun.



I noticed my little guy in this one, and lingered for a moment, and then did a double-take.


It's so cute to see the innocence of little people holding hands as they walk along...or march in patriotic parades.  But something in me felt a little sentimental when I saw this one.  Doesn't he look so big and grown up?  One day, sooner than I'd like, Liam will stroll in with a real girlfriend, and they'll be holding hands, and I'll wonder how my little guy grew up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment