Saturday, July 30, 2011

Naptime Entertainment


Right now the house is completely quiet.  Twenty minutes ago, it wasn't.  Jon took Liam to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie, so I put the girls down for naps.  They usually spend a couple minutes "talking" or fussing before settling down, but today was a different story.  As I was finishing up the lunch dishes, I heard a shriek coming from the girls' room.  What I figured out was Ellery's laughter continued for a minute or two, so I headed up the stairs to see what was going on.  Peeking through the crack in the door, I couldn't help but giggle, too.  Marin's chubby little fingers were wrapped around the crib and she was jumping up and down then launching herself backwards onto the mattress, causing her sister to giggle uncontrollably.  I watched her cycle through this little routine for about five or six times before sneaking back downstairs.  They both must have reached the point of exhaustion around the same time, because the next time I went to check on them I found  two little girls sleeping soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment