Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Girls Need Girls

Before Jon and I were married, I lived with two treasured friends, Marybeth and Michele.  My Mom, sister, and I share a closeness and love unique to families.  My girlfriends from college--Donna, Veronica, and Marybeth (also formerly mentioned roommate) are forever friends, and even though we are spread throughout the country, our relationships have deepened as the years pass and are not bound by geography.  Since moving to Texas, I have formed new relationships with other females through work and church and marriage.  I say all this to point out how important it is for women to spend time with each other, for us to love, inspire, and build up one another.



This past weekend, Jon was Super Dad once again and allowed me to spend time with friends.  Friday night was book club with a group of teachers who I've worked with at Crockett.  We always have fun, and usually end up spending five minutes talking about the book and two hours talking about other stuff.  Then, on Saturday morning, our church had its annual Birthday Brunch.  I always look forward to this event because it forces me to get to know women that I normally might not, but since we happen to share the same birthday month, we sit together at beautifully decorated tables.  The tables this year were pretty fabulous, especially April.  Anyway, I truly appreciated all the quality "girl time" I had over the weekend.  Now with two daughters, I can't wait to plan fun little activities that only a girl could love!

1 comment: