Friday, November 5, 2010

Popcorn Balls!

Fall is the perfect time to make popcorn balls.  Growing up in Minnesota, I think I ate about a million popcorn balls as a kid from late September to Thanksgiving, but I can't seem to find them down here in Texas.  So I was forced to make my own.  And they turned out super yummy.  Here's the recipe I used:

Ingredients

3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup margarine
2 teaspoons cold water
2 5/8 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup marshmallows
5 quarts plain popped popcorn (I used three bags of natural microwave popcorn)
(I added food coloring, too)
 
Directions

1.  In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn syrup, margarine, cold water, confectioners' sugar and marshmallows. Heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil.  (Add food coloring).  Carefully combine the hot mixture with the popcorn, coating each kernel.

2.  Grease hands with vegetable shortening and quickly shape the coated popcorn into balls before it cools. Wrap with cellophane or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.

I will be making more of these next year.  And I know one little guy who will be really happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment