Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cake Balls!

All of a sudden these delectable little cake balls seem to be everywhere! On Saturday, our church had a ladies birthday brunch. It was lots of fun...all the tables were gorgeously decorated according to each person's birthday month. It was a great opportunity meet different women in the church. My birthday table, April, was all all decked out for Easter. The women who decorated it actually were able to track down daffodils--not an easy task in January. Anyway, we each had individual Easter egg "cakes" at our place settings which were actually cake balls. And let me tell you, they lived up to the hype; they were delicious.

Since they seemed easy enough to make, I decided to try my hand at making a batch. Jon's wonderful mom's birthday is Monday (today)--just in time for my cake ball experiment. Liam was very curious about the whole process and kept saying, "Nana's cake!" Much to his disappointment, I didn't let him help at all in the baking part, but as you can see from the pictures, he helped quite a bit in the clean-up process.


Happy Birthday, Nana. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment