Sunday, September 27, 2009

In Name Only



I have absolutely no idea what inspired me to catch the autumn spirit and deck the house in fall flair. Maybe it was walking down the Halloween aisle at Walmart yesterday, and seeing all those delicious bags of candy for little ghosts and goblins. Never mind that it was a sunny, humid 95 degrees, and it definitely felt more like summer, my focus today was fall. Maybe decorating the house was my attempt to invoke cooler temperatures. Come on wind, blow. Come on leaves, fall. Come on hooded sweatshirts, fresh apple cider, pumpkin patches, homecoming parades, and popcorn balls. Let’s get on with it, already! Not only am I ready, but our house is also ready for the new season, even if autumn is here, for now, in name only.

No comments:

Post a Comment